A Part of Me that I Miss So Much

I have been collecting thoughts about my friends and I have written something about the people I care and love and this is the perfect time that I have to post one of ‘em. Few of my friends are the best. They are the best in their own ways that they cannot be compared to one another.

“Wake up my Fanget bes alarm clock!” I cannot ever forget that txt message that I sent him. Who is this him? As the text message would literally say… he is my Fanget Bes… c dee jeehh. Dante Joseff F. He was raised up in Zambales but has a Paoayan (Paoay, Ilocos Sur) blood in his veins. We call each other Fanget. Kc pangit kami eh. haha


Dj is only one of the important people from my college life. I was a first year college student then, I had to make friends because I was from the lowland. As what others would usually say that one will experience culture shock, with a scale of 1- 10, and 10 b

eing the most shocked, I can only rate my “shockness” to 4. Why? I easily blended with the people around me (maybe because almost all of us were lowlanders trying to earn a degree @ the Light of the North).


Saint Louis University, Baguio City, Perfecto Building, and Room P501was our classroom for English 1 with the ever energetic (kahit anemic), bubbly, hilarious (kahit masungit minsan) and pretty Ma’am Francisco (I sure do miss her). P501, as I was reminded by my fanget bes was the room where we exchanged hellos for the first time. I never really expected that he’ll be one of the most important people in my life, my college life specifically.


Let me describe Fanget when I first met him. This “dude” (kc mdyo weirdo ang dating nya before hehe) had quite a long hair and had his nerdy look with the glasses naks! Hehe. From the moment I met him, he was a SODA in CAN

addict or kahit hnd sa can basta soda, then he would eventually collect the tabs (opener) of the can to be added to his collection as an accessory – his earings hahaha joke! It was an accessory like an ornament attached to his bag. Actually I would describe that as a reminder for him para kung ilang cans na ba nainom nya para mabutas ang kanyang stomach. It’s because sometimes he would complain to have his stomach ache, hay nako hyper o ulcer tlga aabutin. He was also a pc gamer addict, I would say he was starting during those times to be an addict in pc/online games. And today?? He has his own language for pc games. Drinking moments, overnights with friends and eating sessions at various restaurants is what you maketh it as a bonding time for all of us.


We had our seats arranged durin

g class hours and in Ma’am franie’s class, I got to sit with my fanget bes. If I’m not mistaken he was seated at my right. This guy made me talkative open figuratively speaking. He is so talkative up to the point that I would laugh my heart out because of his hilarious stories. Sometimes our instructor would call our attention because of the noise that we are creating.. hehe

The next reason is one of the most important reason why we had clicked so much. M U S I C. Yes! Non-stop music!!! From the ordinary discman, to my Nokia 5510 (the first phone to play lots of mp3s), then next to my Canon mp3 player. We had the resources for us to share the music that we like. We had the same taste of music and I mean almost the same likes and dislikes. From the best all time favourites and old school songs up to the current hits we still have our music session up to now. (Thank God we have the internet and somebody invented the YM)


From being music lovers, we love to talk. Walang kamatayang usapan. The topic? Well about his lovelife lng naman hahaha a

bout my stormy past or anything under the sun. Well, I cannot forget what he did during one heart’s day. We had a class with Atty. Padang, and then kinulit ako na lumabas ng classroom. Where did we go? Hays

shuuuss kinaladkad ako para sumama sakanya na bumili ng flowers for Nicx. (waaaaaaaaaaaaa edited na po ito ag nagkamali nnman ako hahahaha.. sowi fanget! hahahaha funny tlga LOL, me and my poor memory sux.. i've been corrected twice now.. hahahaha)

Here’s one story that I’m sure fanget doesn’t want to talk about. I’m the one who’s writing so wala sya magagawa. The story about my Nokia 5510 phone. “Don’t worry fanget, I’d love to retell this story because this was the reason for our quiet days na walang pansinan or weeks pa ata yun, then after quite some time we again crossed our paths then regained our friendship which made it even more stronger.. di ba d ba? So I’m thankful that it happened.


Here’s the story behind that phone. It was our Rizal class and the room was only dominated by our instructor’s voice. We were seated at the back part and he got bored so he tried to borrow my phone para mag sounds. Then suddenly from our quiet room we all heared….”PAK” hehehe ayun!!! My phone slipped off his hands and kissed the floor nyahahahaha. It was the first phone that I really worked hard for. Mdyo nasira ung phone and then eventually after a few weeks sira na tlga.. hahaha. As I have said earlier it was the cause of our “quietness”. But then that story made us even more stronger to continue our friendship. It’s true that conflicts come and go but if the bond and faith to each other is stronger the spirit of friendship still reigns. And for that fanget! Thank you at nasira mo ung phone ko..hahaha

These are just few of the moments that we had with each other. After quite some time, Outer Haven had a new place dun sa new building. OH is one my favourite place when I was in baguio, it captured my taste for the ambiance of a perfect internet cafĂ© with the food and great entertainment (syempre andun ung LCD na tv sa taas wherein during those days it’s so expensive pa). That is where we would usually meet outside school. Kahit hnd na kami classmate ni fanget dun nlng kami nagkikita. See, even though people do not see each other God really find ways to let us cross our paths. Minsan there are times when he would treat me for a snack sa OH. There was a time din when we ate at KFC and sya naman ang treat ko. Voracious eater tong tao na to, solve na solve kahit KFC lng.. pero hnd “Lang” lang ang kinakain nya, super dami kumain nto eh..hehehe


The last time when I was in Baguio was way back August 2006. Damn I miss that city!!!!! It’s now 2 years and 4 months and counting since I last saw my friends in baguio. Before I left Baguio, his looks had already changed naman.. from the very slim as in payat na dj nagging buff na din pero nagiging chubby na ata ngaun..hahaha Then pala, he’s no longer a long haired guy, kalbo na sya.. hehe semi lng naman, but it looks good on him. We both love the same flavor of pizza sa yellowcab and waaaa kakamiss.

Lately this past few months starting last year mga December we had reconnected, we had some all night and early morning talks just to catch up with the months of not seeing each other. Thanks to friendster dahil dun ko nakikita ang updates about anyone. AnD! Thanks to O2jam di ba fanget? Hehehe I didn’t know before na my fanget bes knows how to play o2jam then suddenly ayun I texted him na maglaro kami kaya ayun nga. We had a few games but then naging chatting na ung nangyari kaya ym nlng.. hehe

No words can ever express how much I am thankful for this person. He knows me so well, about my past, my present and my future. I hope maka bisita ang mga friends ko from baguio dto sa bicol. Pag planuhan nyo na.. sabi ko nga before.. ur all wecome.. and I'm waiting matagal na.


Dj is an authentic person, quite moody sometimes, but talks with profound sense and meaning. A very open-minded person who made me trusted him so well that I can even trust him a part of my life. He was there in times of my lowest moments and never judged me for my waterloos.


One night we were texting one another. I said I’m leaving for Manila and I was on the bus during that time. Poof!!! It was like a magical blessing, fanget was also on the bus from Zambales going to Manila to work out his papers for his visa. The next day, was the first day of the convention that I attended, the whole day we were texting one another to plan where to meet and we were insisting that we really have to meet coz it’s really a blessing with all the “magical” coincidence and thank God we did meet. His ever supportive mom was with him and we got to chat with one another. That was the most fastest yet very significant days of our friendship. I didn’t knew that it would be the last time for us to see each other. Right now he is on the plane going to the west. L I did miss him and knowing that I’ll get to see him after 3 to 5 years? I’m missing him a lot.

Dec. 13, 2008 his time for his flight for US. He said I'm his lucky charm when he processed his papers in Manila for his visa. This was dj's and his sisters conversation to inform him about his flight. I dunno but he would usually call it “sick sense” coz everytime I would text him, something significant is happening to him and is usually a good thing.

Don’t get me wrong, don't misinterpret us, I may sound that there’s something between us more than friendship, but there’s none. I'm not being defensive or anything, i know some of my friends here in Naga will react again. But for my friends in Baguio? They perfectly know what is between us. We both know that we know what friendship really means. No malice and no hurting and we never did see each other us someone more than friends because we love the way we are. It's an honest fact.


Bear hugs for you fanget. Few calls before your flight made me at easeYou take care sa LA. Keep in touch! ahahaha You still owe me something and your visit here in Bicol =P. Luv you much!

0 comments: