Another Baptism of Fire


At around 9 am today, I was in front of the high school graduating students of UNC. Guess what, I was invited to give a talk about Job Market for the Career Orientation of the Senior High School Students. Because I’m handling the Placement Service of the Guidance Center, the topic was close enough to what I have learned in the placemen world. It’s my baptism, meaning? First time to do a talk to a huge crowd as a speaker. *whew*

During the first few minutes I was having my stage jitters. But after constantly reminding myself to feel relax, I was able to go through my presentation well. What do you expect, high school students are high school. UNC high school is different from where I took my secondary education. Apart from the comparison, I did my best in order to get the attention of the students. I didn’t use too much words on my presentation, I just flashed some statistics and the rest was allotted to my talking. I’m thankful that the graduating students were still attentive kahit papano. Hehe I used video clips instead of words to have a different twist on presenting as a speaker. I hope I was alble to process my whole talk.. did I or did I not? Hehe

It was my first time again.. how may “first time” will I be crossing.. so far I had already a lot of placement and career development activities conducted during my first year of stay in UNC from Feb. 1, 2008 up to this day March 12, 2009. I can feel that I started my month right and full of blessings.

Hmm btw, I haven’t blog yet about my Baguio Trip where I celebrated my advanced birthday celebration and homecoming at the same time... hahanapan ko nlng ng time hehe

Till then!

0 comments: