Top Universities in the Philippines?

I was reminiscing my college days when I saw a post from my cousin Kuya Dwight. I just don't know if how accurate the post is, but if ever it's true, then I'd be happy for this. I am a Josephian, (preschool to high school alma matter, St. Joseph School, Naga City) a Chinese Catholic school that was so strict and closed minded with extra curricular activities (it was before btw), Josephians were known before as students who doesn't know anything but to study and study. I'm not bragging about anything, it's how they describe us in one way or another. And, for the record, I'm just an average gal when I was in that school. Then came to the point wherein I got to choose where I would take my tertiary level. A lot of brainstorming and mind boggling questions came at my doorstep and I finally found a university that was far away from my home. Now I am a Louisian. I took my tertiary level at Saint Louis University. For 4 years of stay in that university, I found people so down-to-earth, unique and who'll accept you the way you are. No pretentions, no worries, in other words... I felt so at home and loved. Darn I miss my college friends big time!!!!!! =(..


I searched it over google and found this post.. http://www.starmometer.com/2007/09/09/top-20-universities-of-the-philippines/


In a study conducted by the Professional Regulations Commission(PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), based on the average passing in the BOARD EXAMINATIONS OF ALL COURSES of all universities and colleges in the country, here is a list of the Top 20 Universities of the Philippines:


1. University of the Philippines (Diliman Campus /Luzon)

2. University of the Philippines (Los Banos Campus/ Luzon)

3. University of the Philippines (Manila Campus /Luzon)

4. Silliman University (Dumaguete City / Visayas)

5. Ateneo deDavao University (Davao / Mindanao)

6. Ateneo de Manila University (Manila /Luzon)

7. University of Sto. Tomas (Manila / Luzon)

8. Mindanao State University (Iligan Institute ofTech/ Mindanao)

9. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (Manila/Luzon)

10. Saint Louis University (Baguio City / Luzon)

11. University of San Carlos (Cebu City / Visayas)

12. Xavier University (Cagayan de Oro / Mindanao)

13. Mindanao State University (Main / Mindanao)

14. Urios College (Butuan City / Mindanao)

15. Polytechnic University of the Philippines (Manila/ Luzon)

16. De La Salle University (Manila / Luzon)

17. Mapua Institute of Technology (Manila / Luzon)

18. Adamson University (Manila /Luzon)

19. Central Mindanao University (Bukidnon/Mindanao)

20. University of Southern Philippines (Davao /Mindanao)

0 comments: