It's Raining On My Parade


Burt Bacharach's song Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head is a song that makes me reminisce my college years especially my Philo Teacher. A very young professor and a Ph D Degree holder but very simple and humble. He made us realize that everything on earth will exist if we know how to keep them alive. Dealing with emotions of the human being will never be easy and it is from him that I learned that we must co-exist with everyone and everything around us. Currenlty, I am co-existing with my inner conflicts and it's not a question anymore that I am really disheartened by this.

I never thought it would hurt that much. I would be a hypocrite if I say that I didn't know that I'll get hurt. Clearly my fault and no one else can be blamed. It's a happy parade with enough color and radiance, with the right people and company, with the enough contentment and glee. But it seems everything is leading towards the boulevard of temporary happiness. I was enjoying now knowing that I might not enjoy tomorrow. Carpe Diem? It feels good to take in the power of now, but I know it feels bad if you know you'll end up nothing. I kept my hopes up even though I know that from the very beginning it would be a cloudy chance. No matter how dark the clouds may be, I guess I do know how to fight now instead of taking flight. Nevertheless, I know my effort wasn't enough, I still have to work on it though. The mind boggling question is this, am I still willing to hope? Am I still willing to try or am I ready to cry?

There, I acknowledged that what I'm doing is my fault, now what? Again, I have to face the consequences and face the wrath of tomorrow :(

I hope the parade will stop. I hope I can stop my own parade. :( I really need to.
Somebody told me that it might rain on my parade and sad to say it's really raining now, raindrops are falling on my head. :(

0 comments: