Born Under the Ox





I wasn't born under an Ox! I was born under the ceiling! Okay, enough pestering the subject Pilosopong Joan. From what I know, I'm under the second animal Ox in the Chinese Zodiac Sign based on my year of birth which is 1985 (okay, better not subtract my year of birth from 2009 please), but way back when I was working in Daet, I saw a Chinese Calendar with the somehow complete dates if under what sign a person is born but then I wasn't able to verify if I'm really born under the Ox because the calendar wasn't mine. lol. Stoopid me, why didn't I just checked in on Mr/Ms. WWW before.

Early this night, I was yMing with my sissy, chingkay, after nitpicking and complaining on my upcoming office works, we came to the topic of the Chinese Zodiac Sign. Then it was Ching, who verified if I'm really under the Ox and here's the link if you wanna check yours http://www.rainfall.com/horoscop/chinese.htm So there, from February 20, 1985 to February 8, 1986? yep I'm born under the Ox which is also known as Cow or Bull.

It's just today that I was able to clarify in my self that it's still Year of the Rat, not until the celebration of the Chinese New Year which is nearly coming. January and early February will mean "busyNESSsss" for me. So I concluded that it's still Year of the Rat up to this day and those busyness days will prepare me for my year under the Ox.

This is what I did: I checked out some information about people born under the Year of the Ox and I compiled some of 'em from different sites which are somehow true and not so true about me. I got some which are different the way it was written but still of the same sense. There's nothing to brag coz I'm just like any other individual surviving in this "turmoilic" but happy world.

TRUE OF ME
  • Calm, generally patient, thoughtful and they measure their words and will speak clearly and concisely often when it matters most. (does this mean being quiet most of the time and will only speak when needed and when i feel i like to talk? if yes, i agree. haha)
  • Security is their main preoccupation in life, and they are prepared to toil long and hard in order to provide a warm, comfortable and stable nest for themselves and their families. (i love my significant others)
  • Generally placid and easy going on the outside (i think i really am, nsa loob daw ang kulo?)
  • Ox people can be quite stubborn - but also stubbornly loyal to those they love (yep, im a stubborn person at times, here's the catch, stubbornly loyal?? can anyone explain this to me? does this mean being loyal in a willfull and determined way? wooww pinahirapan mo pa ako un lng pala, which is better loyal or faithful? well that is an undying debate.)
  • The possibility of taking a serious risk could cause the Ox sleepless nights. (true :( )
  • The Ox is not extravagant, and the thought of living off credit cards or being in debt makes them nervous. (No wonder, I'm not applying for any credict cards.. haha i hope it stays that way, saka na pag naging necessity na sya)
  • Ox people are sociable and relaxed when they feel secure, but occasionally a dark cloud looms over such people and they engage all the trials of the whole world and seek solutions for them. (uhuh)
  • Oxen are tolerant individuals who believe that the road to success involves hard work and scrupulous behavior; they don’t believe in taking shortcuts. (Yes, wayback high school my favorite motto was something that goes this way "Success is not taking the elevator but rather taking the stairs")
SOMEHOW TRUE OF ME
  • This powerful sign is a born leader (because i'm a shy person, but if there's some boosting, yes i can)
  • kind, caring souls, logical, positive, filled with common sense and with their feet firmly planted on the ground. (i am, in my own little ways, and i love people who are down to earth as well.
  • The Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in their work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint. (yep, quite)
  • When opposed, their fierce tempers are legendary. So always follow this very wise advice : "never cross an Ox" (O, wag nyo daw akong krosan kundi checkan nyo ako. LOL. kidding aside, when i'm opposed i usually stay quiet, but if i reach my boiling point saka lng ako nag eerupt, i know a lot who are like that too. Temper speaking, hmm yes, iba daw ako magalit at magtaray eh)
I WISH THIS IS TRUE OF ME more
  • These people speak little but are extremely intelligent. (Yes, I do speak little but my IQ is average, grabe naman may exteremely pa dyan. I dunno today if what is my IQ, maybe I'm downgrading? hahah but we do have our own intelligences, thanks to Howard Gardner. huurayy)
  • Oxen possess such character traits as dependability, strength and determination. (I believe i already possess those traits but still needs a lot of improvement because sometimes I lose a grain or even a sack that i cry over it on the floor)
WHAT THE HECK THIS ISN'T ME
  • Can be very dogmatic (what?!?! i'm not that inflexible, strict or whatever synonym you can give! in fact you can put me anywhere and i can face different kinds of people, just like in my line of profession now, parang tunog plastic? haha pero u know what i mean naman)
  • The majority are highly intelligent individuals who don't take kindly to being told what to do. (it says there majority and i'm not one of them, doesn't like being told what to do? hmmm household chores lng.. hahaha pero other than that i got no problem if you tell me to do something as long as it's something i like to do, that you need to do, and no one else will get run over then i'd be gladly to help.)
  • They characterize those who don’t work hard as lazy individuals not worthy of respect. (I disagree, coz everyone has lovable qualities, we just have to know how to look for it in an individual)
Here's something about relationships, just because i don't have one, i'ma post it here. hihi and i have no comment about it. be my guest!

Relationships

Oxen aren’t very sociable and rarely participate in group activities. They abhor small talk and won’t waste their time flirting. They will search long and hard for the perfect partner as change makes them uncomfortable. Whether due to an ox’s tendency to be overbearing or tendency to place blame on others, relationships with Oxen don’t always work out. When Oxen realize that partnerships involve two people and two points of view, satisfying matches are possible.

_______________________________________

There's actually a lot of traits posted online if you'll type it in search engines. Some traits were so true of me and some were not. Nevertheless, it's just a matter of how a person lives with his/her evil and angelic self and how one lives with the masked people around. I can't go mooing around and go plowing the field, just like what i've said before, I am the Me who can't be You and to conclude this post.. I'm not an Ox. weeeee

Happy New Year!!

*Hey, Obama is an Ox! haha lalang i saw it somewhere. lol as if i'm gonna ask my fairy god mother to change me into something like him. nahh i love being me. just check out the sources. :P


Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_(zodiac)

http://www.chiff.com/home_life/holiday/chinese-new-year-ox.htm

http://www.chinavoc.com/zodiac/ox/compati.asp

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/ox.php


0 comments: