Visualization of a Writer


If you're going to post your picture as a writer on a local newspaper would you rather post your pic as:

1. somewhat formal and serious?
2. somewhat presentable and respectable?
3. somewhat formal but looks happily simple?
4. somewhat informal but still respectable?
5. something that would look like this picture?!

WTH, his picture really annoys me everytime I see his face on the weekly newspaper here in Naga. I'm not questioning his ability to write but how would you be admired or at least be respected by readers if you're picture appears to be bluntly out of this world and inappropriate? I ain't gonna mention what newspaper is he working with but I'm sure some of you have seen his face on that particular newspaper.

Here are few of my presumptions of maybe why his picture is like that:

1. Either he can't afford to take another picture (which is somehow so impossible) or he's just lazy to pass another picture. Hello?? Are there not any cameras in your office? Any point and shoot cam or a good phone with cam will do!
2. Either that picture is his fasion statement or it's his unique representation of what kind of a writer he is? But if you'll see in his picture, he's not even smiling at that moment and he even looks mad. It's really weird..
3. Or maybe he wants to show to everyone that he has a phone and that you can call him whenever you need him? haha stupid idea of me
4. Or his ears as acne or an-an or whatever you wanna call it, that's why he has to scratch it, but in order not to look like his scratching, he placed his phone when his picture was taken.
5. Or even worse his itchy ears got soared and wounded that's why he had to cover it up. whahaha my thoughts are dangerously wandering. sorry for that. :P
6. Or wala lng.. trip nya lng

Take your pick!

(Geee, I don't know if why the Editor-in-Chief of that newspaper allows it to be that way. Maybe they only want readers to react so that they will still have readers who'll have something to comment on and such. Well anyway, this is just my opinion.) -- OOPPS.. I checked out the site of the paper.. he is the Editor-in-Chief!! hahahaha funny!!

So if you were in his position, you are one of the writers of a known local newspaper, would you post your picture with your hand on your ear with your phone? As for me, I WON'T!

Wala pong personalan. Peace! hahahha

0 comments: