Amity to Animosity?

It has been years since I last cried copiously
I came and pass by your life. I stayed and I enjoyed your company.
Now I’m here trying to abscond your presence.

At first I was at a snug and apparently like a blissful melodious harp
Each day gave me the chance to open myself up to the world I kept on eluding
From the denigration that I got from my past life,
You made me realize that there are a lot of good things in life that I need to treasure.

Why am I crying right now as I see your funny face in my head?
Why am I crying as I hear your hilarious jokes and your evil laughter whenever we tattle about something?

I know you have your own life to take
And I am there to witness it; I was there when I witness it
I now feel that it was just for the meantime
That you and I were enjoying each other’s company
That you and I thought that our friendship will last as it is

But now, it’s only me who is deeming that there was something else in store for us
And the veracity is… there isn’t any
Our friendship has stopped walking to its destination
Coz its destination is the ended journey

Now what is left is me alone
Just to look back at you and your shadow as it nearly touches mine
Time has made it possible to allow us to live our own lives
Destiny has made it possible to grow in separate ways

It’s amazing how we shared our destiny once and left off in different directions
Was there a girth of realization that you are fleeing my presence too?
I just hope our amity will not turn into animosity.

[22 July 2008]

0 comments: