Connecting the Dots

Connecting…the…dots…

28 March 2008 10:09

Signs are for those people who are in need of answers. I, for once in my life asked God for a sign, before I was always asking God for signs but then due to lack of faith I wasn’t able to look for the signs as well as the answers. Late last year and early this year 2008, I again asked God for a sign and this time I had to make sure in myself what was it that I wanted that God has set upon to give me.

There are a lot of things what we want to happen, in one corner of that so called life there are things that we want to keep as well as to keep away. He gives us instruments for us to realize what we need to do in our present lives. It can take about weeks, months, or even a year for us to know what we really need to do. It’s this time that I knew how to treasure what I have and what I am having, but I also learned what to keep away within me for the better good.

So here I was, asking God for a sign. It’s true that there’s only one Ultimate person that we can entrust our life with and He is no one else but HIM. I wanted something that I know God wants me to do and for that, I asked Him, “give me signs for me to push through Your plans”. I wasn’t clearly asking for a specific sign just like what others are asking like butterflies or events and the like. I told Him “just tell me what I should do”.

Months had passed and it’s just today that I was able to connect the dots. Just like what I have said before, “happiness is concomitant so sorrow”. You have to make sacrifices and let others be happy. In the end it’s true happiness that you’ll get. It’s indeed true that you don’t have to let others know what sacrifices you are making because the more that it would be more meaningful and fruitful. Very true! Because I did sacrifice my own happiness and it made something even more meaningful for others. I don’t like to spoil everything God has given me and I can keep it that way just for others to be happy. I thank God for making that sacrifice flow so smooth without ruining anything. This is not martyrdom; this is what we call altruism, helping without asking for anything in return. And enough of Psychological terms, this is not just altruism, this is who I am.

This is me I love to help others to the extent that I don’t know what’s left with me. But this time, I know that I have my family forever with me. And “I know God has something good, better and best kept for me”.

There are times when we need not be honest (Sorry for that dear God). I know You know why I had to do that. There are still questions that I know you can answer. Do I need to keep away from what I am afraid to do or from what its hurting to do, if that would be the case….I pray dear God, please give me strength. In every happiness that I create, are tons of sadness that I have to endure, I know this is what you want, I have made a lot of mistakes in the past and I know this is your way of helping me and moving me towards greater happiness.

Please make my heavy heart and mind light as my soul. As I am praying right now, I know you are giving me the strength that I need. Thank you so much dear God for not leaving me.

0 comments: