Nerds for Happiness




Shake the box and I’ll know that it’s the tiny, tangy, crunchy candy. At my age of 23, I’m a guilty addict of NERDS! This candy was introduced to me by a classmate way back elementary days. Even a candy reminds me of how time scampers. Way back 90’s, the regular box with two sides of flavour was P15 and now it’s P25.


If you can see at the bottom part of the box, it has a familiar logo to us consumers, Willy Wonka Candy Company is under Nestlé. Yes, like the ice cream that we eat, the coffee, and other daily consumables out in the market.


What flavour do I munch that much? The pink one, strawberry flavor. The tiny, cute, and pebble-like candy makes me feel like a child every time I eat a box of Nerds. I usually get the regular box with two sides of flavours 46.7 grams, Grape and Strawberry. Wonka made it two sides to balance out the taste.

Sweetness fires up as you put the candy in your mouth, then the tingling sourness of the candy cracks out from it, then back to the sweet taste once again. The other flavours are apple coated watermelon (red) and lemonade coated wild cherry (yellow). The smaller box which contains about 20-25 grams is seldom sold here in the Philippines. Especially here in Naga, we don’t have yet an exclusive candy store for kids and kids at heart. I have a few friends who are addicted to Nerds too and there are stories behind every box of Nerds opened.

Even though it’s artificially flavoured and artificially colored.. who cares!

Nerds doesn’t make me a nerd but it certainly does make me happy.

[29 June 2008]

0 comments: